Westchester’s Only Daytime New Year’s event for Kids Includes Balloon Drop, Giveaways, Activities, and More
WESTCHESTER/DECEMBER 11 — There’s no need for kids to stay up until midnight as New Roc’s master of ceremonies rings in the New Year early with the countdown to noon complete with a thrilling balloon release with festive, brightly-colored balloons.
For the 8th year in a row, New Roc City will offer their festive ‘Ring in the New Year at Noon’ event for kids ages 2 – 10 in the atrium from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm on Sunday, December 31st. The event will support the Westchester Children’s Museum through a $10 donation per family of four when registering for the New Roc City Event. The Children’s Museum is an interactive learning space providing children, families and school groups the opportunity to nurture curiosity and ignite imagination through creative hands-on exploration. Pre-registration for this event is required. Families can register online and download their entry pass at https://2017rinyatnoon.eventbrite.com
Ring in the New Year at Noon! is held in association with the New Rochelle BID Family Day event series plus participating tenants and community partners including Applebee’s, Barnes & Noble, Cognitive and Behavioral Consultants, Creative Designs, Digital Arts Experience, Funfuzion, Laz Parking, Macaroni Kid Bronxville-New Rochelle, Modell’s, Monroe College, New Rochelle Youth Hockey, New Rochelle Parks and Recreation, New York Range Alum Tom Laidlaw, Planet Fitness, Premier Martial Arts, Sky Zone, Soccer Super Stars, Summit Security, Texas Roadhouse , Westchester Children’s Museum, Westchester Family, and Westchester Parent.
An exciting holiday event for young families in the community, Ring in the New Year at Noon! has become an annual tradition at New Roc City. New Roc City is located at 33 Le Count Place in downtown New Rochelle. For more information, please visit www.newrochelledowntown.com.
Families receive free backpack goodie bags produced compliments of Laz Parking filled with gifts ranging from FunFuzion ride card, juice and snacks, free meal vouchers, coupons from Modell’s, and more.
- New Rochelle BID: Make your New Year’s hornblower and get ready to make some noise for the countdown and balloon drop.
- New York Rangers: Meet and Greet with NY Ranger Alumni Tom Laidlaw! Autograph and Photo Op. Prizes!
- New Rochelle Parks and Recreation: Get your face painted by the talented artists of New Rochelle Parks and Recreation.
- FunFuzion: Look in your backpack for your FUZE card that gives you free rides on the Carousel, Bumper Cars, Helicopter, Mini Whip, Frog Hopper, Kidz Zone, Maxflight rides.
- Premier Martial Arts: Spin the Prize Wheel & take the Board Breaker Challenge.
- Monroe College: Meet the Monroe Mustang Mascot and score tickets to a Monroe Mustang basketball game.
- New Rochelle Youth Hockey: Try your skill on net. Learn how to stick handle and shoot the puck.
- Soccer Super Stars: Come Kick&Play, meet the coaches, and learn about the soccer program in Strawberry Fields room.
- Applebee’s: Wheel of Fortune & Sample delicious Snacks
- New Rochelle Fire Department: Climb on to a real fire truck and learn what it takes to fight fires from New Rochelle’s Bravest!
- Planet Fitness: Fun and Fitness tips
- Digital Arts Experience: 3-D printer and Minecraft demonstration
- Westchester Children’s Museum
- Texas Roadhouse: Sample their delicious pulled pork sliders!
Activity list is in formation and is subject to change.
About New Roc City
New Roc City is a 450,000-square-foot entertainment/residential/retail complex located in the heart of downtown New Rochelle. A family destination, New Roc City features such tenants as FUNFUZION Games and Rides, Monroe College, Modell’s Sporting Goods, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebee’s, Premier Martial Arts, Planet Fitness, Gamestop, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, and Regal IMAX Theater. New Roc City has served for many years as an active partner in the New Rochelle business community and a member of the New Rochelle Business Improvement District.
About the Westchester Children’s Museum
The Westchester Children’s Museum is a celebration of childhood. The museum’s exhibits and programs draw from the region’s rich history, cultural diversity, flourishing ecosystems, and literary and artistic traditions. The museum is a hands-on cultural and educational institution for all children and families. It is a dynamic resource for schools and provides programming and a welcoming environment for special needs children. Programs target children ages 0-12, but learning does not stop there. Through apprenticeships for middle and high school age students, there are opportunities for children to continue to grow and explore. In addition to onsite exhibits and activities, the museum provides educational programming through a variety of community-based organizations. Since 2010, our Museum Without Walls program has reached over 15,000 children at more than 50 local community centers and schools. For more information visithttp://discoverwcm.org/
This press release was supplied to IntoxiKate.com.
Photos provided by GMG Public Relations.