LET’S GO ORANGE!
This month, over 20 participating restaurants (see below) teamed up with IntoxiKate Kate Schlientz + Food Bank for Westchester
to raise awareness about the important issue impacting our community:
1 in 5 of Our Westchester Neighbors Struggle with Food Insecurity
SEPTEMBER IS HUNGER ACTION MONTH: SEE HOW YOU CAN HELP >>
“When you work with Food Bank for Westchester, you experience a range of emotions—while the statistics about hunger insecurity in our community are troubling, the enthusiasm and innovation of the entire team is contagious. You want to help. When they asked if I would consider working as a social media ambassador, I was honored, but offered to to do more.
This month is really focused on hunger awareness and creating a dialogue. What better way to converse than over great food?”
YOUR CALL TO ACTION: HELP RAISE AWARENESS
visit + support a participating restaurant
Join 20+ local restaurants and gourmet shops as they raise awareness for those in Westchester facing hunger. See below for the complete list and their orange dishes.
snap a photo + share your experience
Spread the word to family and friends on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure to tag @intoxikatefoodie and @foodbankforwestchester and please use the following hashtags: #eatingfororange, #intoxikate, and #hungeractionmonth.
tune into Fork This with IntoxiKate
Kate is chatting with participants all month long. Fork This with IntoxiKate, Westchester’s only food-talk radio show, airs Tuesday at 6 p.m. on 1490 WGCH (wgch.com) and Wednesday at 6 p.m. on westchestertalkradio.com.
EATING FOR ORANGE RESTAURANTS & DISHES
- Alvin & Friends (New Rochelle): Bourbon Sweet Potato Mash
- Baked by Susan (Croton-on-Hudson): Vanilla or Chocolate Cupcake with Orange Icing
- Boro 6 Wine Bar (Hastings-on-Hudson): Melon and Prosciutto Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Mint, and Olive Oil
- Cedar Street Grill (Dobbs Ferry): Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Spicy Pickles and Cheddar Cornbread
- Chocolations (Mamaroneck): Chocolate-Dipped Orange Peel
- Chutney Masala (Irvington): Chicken Lollipops
- Crabtree’s Kittle House (Chappaqua): Barnegat Inlet Sea Scallops, with Hudson Valley Carrot Top Pistachio Pesto and Carrot Gastrique
- Empire City Casino – Beverage (Yonkers): Orange Blossom Martini (House Gin, Sweet Vermouth, Orange Juice)
- Empire City Casino – Dan Rooney’s Sports Pub (Yonkers): Baked Sweet Potatoes (Side Dish) and Carrot Cake (Dessert)
- Empire City Casino – Employee Dining (Yonkers): Orange-Flavored Corn Bread
- Empire City Casino – Food Court (Yonkers): Orange Beef or Chicken (Featured in the Asian Station)
- Empire City Casino – Nonno’s Trattoria (Yonkers): Orange Fennel Salad with Arugula & Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Harper’s Restaurant (Dobbs Ferry): Roasted Carrots with Honey, Smoked Shoyu, Scallion, Sesame, and Roquefort
- La Bocca (White Plains): Pappardelle alla Bolognese
- License 2 Grill (Thornwood): Chicken Wings and Sweet Potato Fries
- Meritage Restaurant (Scarsdale): Roasted Beets with Red endive, Orange, Hazelnut, and Valency Goat Cheese
- Mix Cocktail Bar + Kitchen (Crowne Plaza, White Plains): Crispy Skin Alantic Salmon with Sautéed Organic Spinach and Garlic, Peppedew Pepper Coulis, and Rice Pilaf
- Rye House (Port Chester): Voodoo Shrimp with Creole Remoulade OR Hamachi Ceviche
- Saint George Bistro (Hastings-on-Hudson): Mouclade: Steamed Mussels, White Wine, Curry, Carrot, and Leek
- Saltaire Oyster Bar & Fish House (Port Chester): Pan Seared Lemon Fish Scallopinis, Yukon Gold Potato & Crab Hash, Grilled Asparagus, and Lobster Coral Sauce
- Sambal Thai + Malaysian (Irvington): Pad Thai
- Siegel Bros. Marketplace (Mount Kisco): Shrimp and Chorizo
- Tomato & Co. (The Westchester’s SAVOR Experience, White Plains): Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Village Beer Garden (Port Chester): Kielbasa OR Onion Rings
- Yonkers Brewing Co. (Yonkers): German Blonde Ale
ABOUT FOOD BANK FOR WESTCHESTER
Driven by the belief that access to healthy food is a basic right for all people, the Food Bank for Westchester leads hunger action programs and mobilizes the resources needed to eradicate hunger in Westchester County. For more information, visit foodbankforwestchester.org.